Please join us for our May meeting, sponsored by Excel4apps.
Meeting Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015
Meeting Location: The Chadwick in Wexford, PA (click here for directions)
Meeting Time: 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
1. 11:45 AM – Noon: Pittsburgh OAUG and OAUG News (Mark Wittkopp and Joe Imbimbo)
2. Noon – 12:45 PM: From E-Business Suite with Love: An Excel-Based Reporting Alternative to Discoverer (Sponsor Presentation by Tim Colleran, Excel4apps)
- Are you on a mission to replace Oracle Discoverer? Meet Wand, Report Wand – an Excel-based ad hoc reporting tool empowering users with self-service reporting. See why Reports Wand is a viable alternative to Discoverer and a much less complex option than migrating to OBIEE. Friendly to end users, this solution installs in minutes without consultants or heavy IT resources and allows for greater flexibility and customization with reporting. See how you can also use it with NoetixViews.
- Empower users with an ad hoc query and analysis tool for all modules
- Develop highly customizable reports in Excel and refresh real-time data
- Drill to further detail of extending existing GL Wand drill downs
3. 1:oo PM – 1:45 PM: Implementing Oracle Fusion Payroll (Presented by Bill Stratton, Hitachi)
- A report from the front lines: a real life implementation of Oracle Fusion Payroll with an implementation date of January 2015. The implementation included a unique blend of PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS and Fusion HCM. Come and hear the initial impression of the module. The presentation will address both Functional and Technical observations.
4. 2:00 PM – 2:45 PM: Card Connect (Presented by Will Keating)
- A client Case Study of how Centric Group reduced risk by tokenizing credit card data, reduced costs through interchange optimization, and reduced PCI Compliance scope.
5. 3:00 PM – 3:45 PM: Concurrent Processing Analyzer (Presented by Oracle)
- In many instances, to get a holistic view of concurrent processing in Oracle E-Business Suite we either use Applications Management Pack (AMP) or run several scripts and analyze the results to determine the health of CP. The wait is finally over: Oracle has come up with Concurrent PRocessing Analzyer (CPA) for EBS, a solid tool that can give you not only a holistic view of concurrent processing, but also provides recommendations based on best practices that can fit the environment. This is a non-invasive script that can be run in production, too. Concurrent Processing Analyzer benefits include:
- Helps to identify concurrent system setup and configurations
- Analysis and output of concurrent environment
- Identifies and recommends concurrent best practices
- Regular concurrent maintenance to compare trending
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.